Left Wing Logic 101.
Things the government should control, regulate, fund, legislate, arbitrate, or otherwise play a role in (an abridged list):
– How you raise your kids
– How you educate your kids
– How you discipline your kids
– What you feed your kids
– What you feed yourself
– What you smoke
– Where you smoke
– Who you employ
– Who you do business with
– How you get health care
– What sort of health care coverage you provide to your employees
– Your seatbelt usage
– Your lightbulb purchases
– Your retirement planning
– Who gets part of your paycheck for food, housing, and energy assistance
– How you gamble
– How you defend yourself and your family
– Where you pray
– Space travel
– Scientific research
– Preservation of the environment
– What you do with and on your private property
– Handicap accessibility
– What is said on the airwaves
– Foreign governments
– Steroids in professional sports
Things the government should not control, regulate, fund, legislate, arbitrate, or otherwise play a role in (a comprehensive list):
So you’ll just have to understand my shock every time I hear a liberal say: “The government should get out of marriage!”
Huh? What the hell? You actually think the government should get out of something? Where is this sudden and extraordinarily narrow desire for independence coming from? And would you consider applying it to literally anything else in the known galaxy?
Join the conversation!
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.